Mount Vernon High School will start seeing some major changes this month. You will see progress with structural components, including shotcrete shear walls. Below are mockups we used to test the concrete and ensure the process works.
Demolition has progressed onto the Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) above the auditorium and our teams are removing extra flooring layers on the 2nd and 3rd floors. Plumbing and MEP work have begun on the 1st floor and will continue through this month. Shoring continues to be installed this month as we prepare for the excavation of stairs 12 and 13 to begin.
Ongoing exterior work on the east side continues as we see good weather this summer.
Additional Activities Include:
- First floor shoring all of 1st floor and 2nd floor SW & NW
- Plumbing excavation 1st floor
- MEP electrical room 1st floor
- Epoxy rebar 2nd floor installation
- Demo MEP above auditorium
- Undermining at stairs 12 and 13